Thursday 21 May 2015

Quick catch-up!

I've spent the last two months or so animating away and completely forgot to blog about the rest of the puppet making. So this is just a little catch up post. ^_^

The final performance is meant to involve a character interaction, which means two puppets! Below are photos of the hands half way through being made, along with a photo of one of the armatures. I was pretty happy with the hands, until I realised way way wayyy too late (while animating) that they were way too big for the puppets. Oops.


I carved and glued two bits of balsa wood around some k&s to start sculpting the characters heads. They're no where near perfect, but they're getting slightly better each time! (Look at the teeny ears!)

    

Making the hair out of FIMO is always my favourite part. Last year my character had crazy blue Princess Leia hair (which I made on May 4th. Best timing.) Below are photos of the heads with hair, and the padding for the girl character!

   

I took so many photos while making, but then I dropped my phone once or five times and the SD card got a teeny bit damaged, so tra photos...
Below are the puppet with their clothes! ^_^ 


So much sass. 
(Grand Budapest Hotel fans, does the cake look familiar?) 








No comments:

Post a Comment