Tuesday 16 December 2014

A broom, hat and wands!

My new armature looking all fancy. Extra joint in the spine. oooo 


During this part of the project I was crazy ill, so taking photos of the making process wasn't really a priority at the time. Here's a little doodle of how I made the broom. :}

1. Twisted wire to the size I wanted the broom.
2. Glued a bit of K&S to the side to create a rigging point.
3. Sewed brown felt around the wire. The K&S gave the broom a cool ridged look. :)
4. Sewed copper wire to the end of the broom to make it animate-able. (Is that a word?) 
5. Then stitched the wool over the top! 




Broom & rig. aw


 Spot the rigging point.


First test of animating the broom on my bedroom floor. ^_^ 




Now onto the hat! 
1. Measured the size of the armature head and then cut the bottom part of the hat out of black felt.
2. Ugh Maths. Literally the first time I've needed to know about circumference and all that nonsense since GCSEs. But yeah, Maths happened to find out the cone measurements.
3. Stitched the cone up. 
4. Sewed the cone and the bottom together. TaDa!




I made four different kinds of wands, it's nice to have a choice. ^_^ Glued teeny magnets onto the bottom so it would be easier for the armature to keep hold. 

  








No comments:

Post a Comment